Results 1 to 4 of 4

Thread: trusonic -ampex

  1. #1
    HB Forum Owner tomt's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 7th, 2003
    Posts
    5,483
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3 Post(s)

    Post


  2. #2
    Inactive Member 417 - Alnico's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 18th, 2003
    Posts
    201
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    You know I have seen a lot of these on FeePay..they look very pretty..how do the stack up against Altec...etc?

  3. #3
    Inactive Member waitinonthebus's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 30th, 2006
    Posts
    12
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I owned a Stephens 206AXA for a short time and it was, IMHO, a quite impressive speaker. This was before I got my 605's so I can't give an objective review. I also only had a single so I never heard it perform in stereo. I tried for some time to find a match but they were few and far between and expensive.

    It was a massive speaker and structurally as well built as the altecs. I enjoyed it quite a lot and wish I had it back but hard times forced me to sell. That speaker paid quite a few bills.

    To ramble on a bit, it was one of my best ebay purchases. I won an auction for $40 primarily for a mono Scott tube amp. A massive speaker cabinet was part of the package along with a bogen mono tuner and garrard changer. It was local pickup about 6 hours from me but only and hour or so from my family. I had them pick it up and we made the exchange later. I opened that cabinet and found the Stephens. I think I got about $300 for it on ebay later on down the road. I'm not much of an ebayer. It's more entertainment for me. Occasional purchase, occasional sale. This exchange was kind of interesting for me.

  4. #4
    Inactive Member 417 - Alnico's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 18th, 2003
    Posts
    201
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Cool score..I love when you get gold out of ebay..

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
This forum has been viewed: 28131802 times.